- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Prevention Services
- Services for people with HIV/AIDS
- Capacity Building
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Staff Access
Latinos & HIV/AIDS
Visit the CT Department of Public Health website for information on HIV/AIDS in the state
FACT SHEET: Latinos and HIV/AIDS in Connecticut
Latinos in Connecticut are disproportionately affected by HIV/AIDS
- According to the 2000 Census, Latinos represent 9.4% of Connecticut’s population
- As of December 31, 2009, Latinos are 32% of those living with HIV/AIDS in Connecticut
- Through December 31, 2009, 45% of those infected through injection drug use (IDU) were Latino/a.
- Latinos represent 11.5% of the population of Hartford County
- Through 2009, 43.7% of those infected with HIV/AIDS were Latino. The percentages infected for White and Black were 27% and 28.6%, respectively.
City of Hartford
- Latinos represent 40.5% of Hartford’s population
- Through 2009, 50.8% of people living with HIV/AIDS in Hartford were Latino.